Perusing Princesses

We still love fairytales, they are just a little dirtier now...

Blue Sky

Blue Sky - D. Bryant Simmons AMAZING....
Ok.. I have digested this incredible story for a little bit now, and I will string a few words together... I know I won't do it justice.. but I will try.

In How to Knock a Bravebird from Her Perch (Morrow Girls #1), We were taken through the emotional journey of "Pecan" Morrow. A young woman who due to tragic circumstances is married quickly to Ricky Morrow, an up and coming fighter, and an up and coming abuser.
She has 4 precious girls with Ricky... FOUR precious little girls who along with their mother had to endure his wrath.

In Blue Sky, the story continues immediately after the end of How to Knock a Bravebird from Her Perch (Morrow Girls #1). I truly loved this.. In this book Pecan is Married to Heziah, and they have their girls. The main focus is on the Morrow Girls, Nikki, Jackie and Mya. You get glimpses into their lives while they were not with their momma, but the most important is that you get to really know them individually... their weeknesses and their strengths. Their brave personalities as lost little girls and the mistakes and bad choices that ultimately come from that.

You get to grow with them and are a part of their family, their individuality, their first loves and their heartaches. These girls are broken, and try as Pecan might.. they are LOST. I want to give you so many details and spoilers so that you can see the intricacies of their lives and the destiny that ultimately became their lives.. but I won't.. I need you to dive into this book and experience the happiness, sadness, frustration and tears just as I did.

I look forward to the next installment by D. Bryant Simmons... hopefully SOOOOON!!